How to preserve fresh lemons for a long time, whole or half-used lemons is the question of many people.
Lemon is one of the familiar spices of many families. However, many people buy lemons and just put them in the refrigerator. However, this is the wrong way to preserve lemons, which will cause the lemons to dry out, wilt, and reduce the quality of lemon juice.
The following article will tell you some tips to preserve fresh lemons in the refrigerator after buying or being used for the longest time, please refer.
#1. Store lemons in a plastic bag in the refrigerator
- Lemon bought, washed and drained.
- Put the lemon in a zipper bag or plastic box, then put it in the refrigerator.
- This lemon preservation tip helps lemons stay fresh for a long time, without dehydration, and retain quality.
#2. Store lemons with newspaper in the refrigerator
If you want to preserve a few fresh lemons for the family to use in a short time, newspaper is a great choice.
- Cover each lemon with newspaper and place it in an egg carton in the fridge. Newspaper will reduce the temperature of direct contact with the lemon, helping the essential oil layer to be preserved, the amount of lemon juice is always fresher and better in 7 days of use.
#3. Store lemons with sand
If you don't have a refrigerator, you can use sand to preserve lemons.
- Using a small styrofoam box, punch a few holes around. Then spread a layer of sand about 5cm thick on the bottom of the box.
- Arrange the freshly purchased lemon on the sand.
- Spread another thin layer on top so that almost all the lemons are covered.
Note: The lemon should have a prominent part of the face visible.
Lemons preserved in sand can keep lemons fresh for up to 20 days.
#4. Preserving unfinished lemons
In case, you only use 1/2 or a corner of a lemon, to preserve the remaining lemon part fresh and not dry the surface, you can refer to the following way.
Take a flat plate, add a little vinegar, or use another slice of lemon to squeeze a little water onto the surface of the plate.
Place the half-used lemon wedges in and place in the fridge. This helps the surface of the lemon not to lose water and retain its freshness.
Related: how to store lemon juice in fridge for long time,how to store lemon juice for long time without fridge,how to store lemons from the tree,lemon storage temperature,lemon storage container,how to store limes in freezer,how long do lemons last in water,how to store limes