If positive and cheerful thoughts do not accompany you, nothing better than reading this article. Famous phrases and quotes for all tastes.
There are positive phrases with so much power that they are able to motivate us and change the way we see life more than whole books or one-hour talks. Even in fields of study such as Positive Psychology, it is based on the idea that positive thoughts can be an engine of change, something that brings us closer to the personal transformation we seek while making you more optimistic.
That is why, both in the field of psychotherapy and in our day-to-day life, it is common to use these bits of wisdom to propitiate a turn towards optimism in the way of seeing things.
If you think that reflections and optimistic thoughts are capable of moving mountains, you will like to read this selection with 125 short positive phrases and applicable to many contexts of everyday life.
1. Life begins every five minutes
This is an idea of the Catalan comedian and presenter Andreu Buenafuente . It refers to the possibility of breaking certain ideas that bind us to the past to constantly create something new.
2. You will find meaning in life if you believe it
This statement, which is authored by Osho, translates the philosophy of existentialist philosophers into the language of positive and motivational phrases. We can make everything we do connected to something meaningful to us.
3. Where one door closes, another opens
This is a saying that appears written in the famous novel Don Quijote de la Mancha , by Miguel de Cervantes. Although in this work it appears in a passage of comic dyes (common in the picaresque novel), it is frequently used to refer to the capacity of choice and personal development that we always have , even in the most adverse situations.
4. My mistakes were seeds
This is one of the best positive phrases of the artist and promoter of Psychomagia Alejandro Jodorowsky. Thinking positively means making a new reading about what we understand by mistakes, which are never a path to nowhere but, in any case, towards the opportunity to learn from experience.
5. If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade
One of the classics among the positive phrases is this recommendation from the pioneer of self-help Dale Carnegie. In it is the essential idea of the possibility of using crises to emerge reinforced from them.
6. Discard sadness and melancholy. Life is kind, it has few days and only now we have to enjoy it
This phrase is part of the legacy of the Spanish poet Federico García Lorca. It emphasizes the idea of not recreating ourselves in thoughts that move us away from well-being.
7. Happiness is not something done. It comes from your own actions
This phrase of the Dalai Lama appeared in the selection of motivational phrases, but it is practically obligatory to mention it as one of the best positive phrases. Although sometimes happiness may seem like a kind of supernatural force that has to accompany us throughout our lives, it is nothing but the fruit of actions and decisions. Something that is generated with our interaction with the environment.
8. Positive people change the world, while negative people keep it as it is.
Anonymous authorship phrase that offers an original interpretation of what optimism is. Of course, nothing like being a person who faces every day with good vibes to improve reality.
9. A strongly positive attitude will create more miracles than any drug
Patricia Neal emphasizes the power of will when it comes to transforming ourselves as people.
10. Everything can have beauty, even the most horrible
Frida Kahlo, the most famous Mexican artist in history, tells us about beauty as something that can be seen anywhere if you have the right glasses.
11. No one who has given his best has regretted it
George Halas thus summarizes the reason why it makes sense to pursue your own goals and try your best , as one of the keys to being proud of yourself and happy with life.
12. Fall in love with your existence
Jack Kerouac is a mine of positive and vitalist phrases, but he captures his passionate spirit especially well . A bombproof vitality.
13. Everyone has the capacity to change himself
The psychologist Albert Ellis, creator of rational emotional therapy , speaks in this way about human potentialities and our ability to adapt to situations.
14. There is a driving force more powerful than steam, electricity and atomic energy: the will
Albert Einstein is prodigal in positive and inspiring phrases, and this one here is a good example of that. Willpower can be powerful and can be invested in an infinite variety of projects.
15. You are never too old to have another goal or another dream
CS Lewis, famous for being the author of The Chronicles of Narnia, also demonstrated good inventiveness to find ways to express positive thoughts. It is this phrase, it refers to our ability to create projects and objectives throughout our lives. Let's get to it.
16. Let's be realistic and do the impossible
Ernesto Che Guevara establishes a paradox between what is supposed to not materialize and what, because of willpower, is carried out. One of the most popular positive phrases and one of the most inspiring among political circles.
17. The triumph of the true man arises from the ashes of error
The famous Chilean poet Pablo Neruda reflects on the need to make mistakes to achieve solid vital victories. The error also generates very valuable lessons.
18. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened
Gabriel García Márquez has left us with many positive phrases full of optimism, and this is possibly the best known of them all. It teaches us to face the small moments of life with an attitude that radiates good vibrations.
19. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement; nothing can be done without hope
Helen Keller appeals to optimism as a force that leads to goals.
20. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
The French philosopher Jean Jacques Rousseau thus encourages not to be discouraged by the lack of short-term incentives in projects that, seen globally, have the power to excite.
21. Every problem has a gift for you
Richard Bach talks about the paradox that lives in the challenges : an experience that initially repels us can contain something that we are looking for and that does us good.
22. Even the darkest night will end with the sunrise
Victor Hugo believes that bad times disappear by their very nature , and that they give way to much more positive episodes of change.
23. If you look at the Sun, you will not see the shadows
With another mention of the star king, Hellen Keller encourages us to turn our attention to the positive aspects of life .
24. Happiness usually sneaks through a door that you didn't know you had left open
A thought of John Barrymore. Along the lines of other positive phrases, here we talk about happiness as something that appears spontaneously, without looking for it.
25. Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher
Maya Watson believes that even unpleasant experiences have a positive background if you learn from them.
26. The only ones interested in changing the world are the pessimists, because the optimists are delighted with what there is
José Saramago makes us see that, perhaps, an excess of optimism can be sedative. In the moderation is the taste.
27. I am optimistic. It doesn't seem very useful to be anything else
Winston Churchill advocated optimism, even if it was a mere matter of pragmatism.
28. Everyone thinks about changing the world, but nobody thinks about changing himself
Alexei Tolstoy teaches us the importance of looking at oneself first, and then externalizing our positive aspects.
29. People change when they realize the potential they have to change reality
Brazilian novelist Paulo Coelho is one of the great authors of famous phrases. In this it implies that only knowing our potential we can motivate ourselves to create new things.
30. Every day I look in the mirror and wonder: "If today was the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am going to do today?" If the answer is "No" for too many consecutive days, I know that I must change something
Apple creator Steve Jobs, who passed away in 2011, was a great innovator and gave us masterful lessons to live day to day with enthusiasm.
31. Laugh every day and you won't have wasted a single moment of your life
An anonymous phrase that reminds us that we should smile more often.
32. If we exaggerate our joys, as we do with our sorrows, our problems would lose importance
This quote, delivered by the French writer Anatole France, attests that we tend to give more importance to the bad than to the good. Why don't we change our mentality?
33. It is good to have joy at home and not have to look outside
The German poet Goethe, one of the most brilliant thinkers in history, remembers that happiness is not a thousand kilometers from home.
34. When hopes arise, the heart takes advantage and begins to act on its own
This quote by Haruki Murakami reveals the influence of our desires on our body and mind.
35. The real big ones are the big ones
Those who succeed and be happy are those who have enough determination to always move forward. Great thinking of Francisco de Quevedo.
36. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Nietzsche wants to express that all experiences strengthen us .
37. The truest wisdom is a resolute determination
Military Napoleon Bonaparte describes wisdom as the ability to face challenges fluently and willingly .
38. Failure is a good opportunity to start over with more intelligence
Henry Ford transforms his pragmatic philosophy into a very versatile positive phrase.
39. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them
Walt Disney notes that even a positive mindset is often a challenge on its own.
40. The best way to predict the future is to create it
Abraham Lincoln, on the horizon of possibilities offered by the future.
41. Having fewer keys allows you to open more doors
A positive phrase by Alex Morritt to find optimism even in those situations where it seems we have few options.
42. A healthy attitude is contagious. Let others permeate her
The irrational character of the positive attitude can be a great advantage when it comes to relating to others. Quote from Charles F. Glassman.
43. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier
Positive mintness is, in addition to something pleasant in itself, a resource that provides efficiency. The quote is from Colin Powell.
44. The best way to forget the bad things in life is to learn to remember the good things
A quote from Mark Amend. To remind us of the importance of knowing how to focus our attention.
45. When a door closes, many more open
The possibilities and windows of opportunity vary constantly, and you have to know how to see them, as this famous phrase by Bob Marley says.
46. It always seems impossible until it is done
This is one of those positive phrases in which we are reminded that before facing a challenge we do not always value our possibilities realistically, even if it seems so. The quote is from Nelson Mandela.
47. Correction does a lot, but bravery does more
According to Goethe, the value of undertaking projects and facing challenges is, in itself, something that makes us move forward.
48. Believes that life deserves to be lived and belief will help create the fact
The famous psychologist William James, about the importance of examining our ideas and attitudes before attempting to examine the world and explore our possibilities.
49. If you can dream it, you can do it
A perfect sample of one of those positive phrases in which our ability to imagine big opportunities is extolled, and how beneficial this is. Walt Disney quote.
50. I am grateful to everyone who said no. Thanks to them I am doing it for myself
Albert Einstein, on how to look with good eyes even the episodes of our lives in which doors seem to close.
51. Enthusiasm moves the world
The power of an attitude not only affects our life, but it has repercussions throughout society. This quote is from Arthur Balfour.
52. The power of imagination makes us infinite
An interpretation for this phrase by John Muir could be the following: to imagine is to find options where there were not.
53. Without rain there would be no rainbow
Some positive parts of our life only occur because sad scenes have occurred before . The author is from Gilbert Chesterton.
54. Within the difficulty lies the opportunity
Albert Einstein, about the opportunities that come with challenges.
55. Once you have chosen the option of hope, anything is possible
Believing in a better future allows us to make this more possible. Christopher Reeve phrase.
56. A powerful tree can be born from a small seed
Esquilo, about the need to value the small until it becomes a source of potential.
57. In life there are as many special occasions as we choose to celebrate them.
The product of our optimism is, in part, in the way we look at it. Phrase by Robert Braul.
58. Life has no other limitations than what one puts on oneself
Although the limitations appear to be the product of a rational and realistic mentality, they are also partly imaginary, according to Les Brown.
59. Who is happy will make others happy
Happiness and optimism as something social and shared. Anne Frank quote.
60. Miracles are born from our difficulties
Along the lines of other positive phrases, this one by Jean de la Bruyere shows us that the challenges are windows of possibility.
61. Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is
Vince Lombardi, about the need to maintain a winning mentality.
62. Believe that you can and have already done half way
Part of our personal progress is so discreet that it seems almost invisible, and is found in the kind of mentality and thoughts we cultivate. Theodore Roosevelt quote.
63. It's never too late to be who you could have been
This quote from George Eliot points out that there is no reason to believe that our time to go for something has happened.
64. It doesn't matter how slow you walk while you walk
For Confucius, the fact of progress is in itself something that we should value upwards.
65. Dreaming is a way of making plans
Even in the most irrational desires and fantasies there are possible plans and strategies that can benefit us. The phrase is from Gloria Steinem.
66. Learning is a gift. Even pain is a teacher
A positive phrase about the infinite variety of situations from which we can learn lessons. The quote is from Maya Watson.
67. If you can change your mind, you can change the world
William James, once again. The phrase emphasizes the role of our mental and private world in assessing how we live our lives.
68. The difference between winning and losing is usually not giving up
Walt Disney, about the good of keeping long-term projects alive.
69. No matter the situation, remember this idea: "I have options"
In this phrase of Deepak Chopra also in this phrase the way in which our ideas carve our world is emphasized.
70. Life is not happening to you. Life is responding to you
A beautiful positive phrase of unknown authorship in which it is expressed to what extent we are active subjects of our lives .
71. When the road seems impossible, start the engine
The importance of having an ace in the sleeve must be taken into account. Benny Bellamacina phrase.
72. The only disability in life is the bad attitude
This phrase by Scott Hamilton emphasizes the extent to which negative thoughts can be a brake.
73. Make your optimism come true
To succeed is, in part, to put into practice the positive ideas that you have. Unknown authorship.
74. Learn to smile in any situation. Take it as an opportunity to express your strength
The practical power of smiles as something that changes our reality. The author is from Joe Brown.
75. We cannot control the wind, but we can adjust the sails
This anonymous phrase expresses the extent to which every inevitable event has an aspect that we can control.
76. My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud
Optimism and positive attitude are noted and sometimes speak for us. At least in the case of musician Henry Rollins, author of the phrase.
77. Pessimism leads to weakness and optimism to power
William James, about the limitation of pessimism and the productiveness of the positive mentality.
78. Life changes very quickly, and in a positive way, if you leave it
The goals that one day seem unattainable can be part of the present if we create the opportunities for it. Lindsey Vonn phrase.
79. The most important thing is to stay positive
The positive mindset is a necessary basis to build from it. The quote is from Saku Koivu.
80. The only difference between a bad day and a good day is your attitude
A positive phrase by Dennis S. Brown in the line of those that emphasize the importance of mentality to generate optimism from situations.
81. Positive thinking will let you use the skills you have, and that's fantastic
Optimism makes it easier for us to develop our potential, according to Zig Ziglar.
82. Having a positive attitude is asking yourself how something can be done, rather than saying that it cannot be done
Here the importance of transforming the positive attitude into a source of potential is expressed. Bo Bennett phrase.
83. When you think positive, things happen
For Matt Kemp, maintaining a certain mentality helps to see moments when beneficial situations can be created.
85. No matter who you know throughout your life, you will take something from them, whether positive or negative.
According to Gary Allan, even what seems like a waste of time or something extremely damaging makes us evolve as people.
86. Keep a positive mind and laugh at everything
One of the clearest and most transparent positive phrases. In fact, it is an order! Alexandra Roach phrase.
87. Your heart is full of seeds waiting to germinate
For Morihei Ueshiba, the potential of our most passionate and irrational part is often hidden.
88. Surround yourself with positive people
A tip that can be followed by both people who are optimistic and those who are not. Melanie Fiona phrase.
89. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened
Here it is emphasized that the positive mentality can also be focused on the past. Appointment of Dr. Seuss.
90. The negative is as important as the positive
In this phrase by Ellsworth Kelly there is talk about the need to take into account both bad and good in order to see both kingdoms in perspective.
91. Try again. It fails again. It fails better.
Samuel Beckett, about the positive of seeing failure as a source of personal growth.
92. Write in your heart that every day is the best day of your life
The philosophy based on "live the moment" is expressed in this phrase by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
93. Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them
A phrase that reminds us that the positive is drawn from the control we gain over the difficulties. Phrase by Steve Maraboli.
94. All things are difficult until they are easy
Thomas Fuller emphasizes the ease that human beings have when learning and making yesterday's challenges be what we get used to.
95. Life has no remote control. Get up and change it on your own
One of those positive phrases (in this case, by Mark A. Cooper) that could also serve to motivate the work or any project undertaken.
96. A better world is not only possible, but it is coming
An alternative explanation would be that the best is yet to come. Arundhati Roy phrase.
97. The best kind of happiness is the habit you are passionate about
Shannon L. Alder left a reminder about the way in which the positive has to happen to our day to day.
98. Aspire to be the person you most admire
Quote from Deborah A. Carr to remind us that the most important audience is oneself.
99. We are gods in a chrysalis
A positive and poetic phrase by Dale Carnegie in which the unsuspected power that each one keeps in itself is reflected.
100. Look back and smile at past dangers
The challenges not only serve to be overcome, but also to examine them in retrospect. Walter Scott phrase.
101. Love is that micro-moment of warmth and connection that we share with another living being
Barbara L. Fredrickson, talks about the pleasant times we spend connecting with someone.
102. The good life is a process, not a state
Carl Rogers , one of the referents of humanistic psychology, speaks of happiness as something that has to do with the way we move, how we live day to day.
103. There is no failure, only unfinished success
A phrase by the Hindu artist Ravi Varma, gives us an optimistic view of those situations that do not follow our expectations.
104. Loving oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance
The writer Oscar Wilde left us this reflection on self-esteem and its positive implications.
105. Happiness is not out there for us to find, and the reason for that is that it is within us
One of the positive phrases of researcher Sonja Lyubomirsky, about happiness.
106. I walk slowly, but I never walk back
This positive phrase by Abraham Lincoln points out the importance that patience has in our lives.
107. A good laugh heals many wounds
The American writer Madeleine L'Engle talks about the power of joy and good humor.
108. No matter the age, there is always something good to overcome
Lynn Johnston brings a cheerful vision about the capabilities that characterize us at every stage of our lives.
109. Victory is always possible for those who refuse to surrender
The writer Napoleon Hill, in one of his positive and motivating phrases.
110. The noblest and most beautiful things in life are not made for us to hear stories about them, for us to read about their existence or for us to see, but rather to be lived
Søren Kierkegaard, one of the pioneers of existentialism, talks about the nature of the experiences that mean the most to us.
111. Music is the poetry of the air
A positive phrase from the German writer Jean Paul Richter that, in addition, gives us a very nice vision about the nature of music.
112. True love stories never end
For Richard Bach, love stories always remain in memories , even if their protagonists disappear.
113. A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself
A reflection of Frank Crane about friendship and what unites us.
114. If you have never failed, you have never lived
For the journalist and writer Hunter S. Thompson the mistakes were perfectly integrated into life and our existence, so we don't have to regret them.
115. Miracles arise from difficulties
One of those positive phrases that focus on the good that is in the bad. In this case, the author is the French writer Jean de la Bruyère.
116. Life is like jazz ... better if it's improvised
An inspiring phrase by composer and pianist George Gershwin.
117. To combat frustration we must find a balance between the individual and the collective: learn to manage our attention and share the world with others
This famous appointment is from the Spanish social psychologist Adrián Triglia.
118. If you give light, the darkness will go away by itself
A reflection of Erasmus of Rotterdam about our ability to do good and the impact that has on our lives.
119. The world is full of magic that waits patiently for our ingenuity to refine
A phrase by philosopher Bertrand Russell about the ability of the world to surprise us.
120. Man has never made a material as resistant as the resilient soul
The philosopher Bernard Williams speaks here about resilience and its power in our lives.
121. Brighten tomorrow with today!
The poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning offers one of the positive phrases that, more than a council, seem orders (whose fulfillment is not an unpleasant task, of course).
122. We live about 30,000 days, and in each of them we decide to change our reality ... or let ourselves go
A reflection of Bertrand Regader, psychologist and Spanish writer.
123. Thought is overrated. You have to think less and feel more
The Valencian psychologist Nacho Cóller reflects on anxiety over turning things around.
124. We live about 30,000 days, and in each of them we decide to change our reality ... or let ourselves go
A reflection of Bertrand Regader, psychologist and Spanish writer.
125. Grief is necessary at certain times in life. Just as necessary to know how to return to our existence certain objectives that drive us to continue
We close this collection of positive and optimistic phrases with this excerpt from a book by Jonathan García-Allen.
Your day to day, much more positive from now on.
So far the selection of short positive phrases. If you miss any, you can suggest and provide extra recommendations to complete the list of positive thoughts , adding the name of the author or the author, and we will probably add it in this article.
Hopefully they help you deal with joy every new day. Cheer up and move on with more force than ever.
Tags very short quotes, cute short inspirational quotes, short positive quotes for work, short deep quotes, short positive life quotes, short quotes about happiness, super motivational quotes, short positive life quotes, very short quotes, unique quotes on life, short deep quotes, short positive quotes for work, cute short inspirational quotes, short positive quotes for work, short positive quotes in spanish, short positive quotes for the day, short positive quotes about life challenges, short positive quotes for students, short positive quotes for instagram, short positive quotes in hindi, short positive quotes for depression, short positive quotes for instagram bio, very short positive quotes, happiness short positive quotes, cute short positive quotes, funny short positive quotes, daily short positive quotes, morning short positive quotes, short happy positive quotes, short body positive quotes, short funny positive quotes, short and sweet positive quotes, short simple positive quotes, short cute positive quotes, short daily positive quotes, short inspirational positive quotes, short stay positive quotes, short morning positive quotes