A collection of ingenious reflections on life and art. Over the centuries, creative quotes and original reflections that have been recorded have accumulated, leaving evidence of our ability to be resourceful and witty when thinking about the most varied topics.
These phrases and creative thoughts are not only entertaining to read, but also invite reflection and can become something that inspires us to become more creative ourselves.
After all, knowing interesting points of view that are expressed in an original way through short sentences gives us the opportunity to review our preconceived ideas and see that there are concepts that are more related to each other than we originally thought.
The best original and creative phrases. The selection of short phrases that you have below can help you develop your own ideas from the reflections that may arise from your reading. However, it is also worth remembering that although many of these brief quotes can be shocking and provocative, in order to develop a philosophy of one's own life it is also necessary to dialogue, debate and read more extensive texts and books.
1. Miracles are born from difficulties
Jean de la Brùyere talks about resilience and our ability to overcome adversity.
2. Believe that you can do it and you will have already traveled halfway
One of Theodore Roosevelt's reflections on the ability to believe in oneself.
3. We are facilitators of our own creative evolution
Bill Hicks , in another inspirational phrase related to personal development.
4. To draw, you must close your eyes and sing
The Spanish painter Pablo Picasso uses this allegory to refer to how he understands inspiration.
5. Life is the flower of which love is honey
Victor Hugo captures the relationship between life and love in this poetic way.
6. Be yourself, everyone else is already asked
As in almost all the witty phrases of Oscar Wilde , here the ingenuity and sense of irony are mixed.
7. Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly disjointed
A reflection on the creativity of William Plomer .
8. Originality is nothing more than judicious imitation
I will turn thinking out loud.
9. An idea that is not dangerous is not worthy of being called an idea
Another of Oscar Wilde's creative thoughts .
10. Everything you can imagine is real
Pablo Picasso , about the scope of our imagination.
11. A man can die, nations can rise and fall, but an idea endures
John F. Kennedy reflects on the imprint left by ideas.
12. Life is the art of drawing without an eraser
A creative thought about life, by John W. Gardner.
13. To define is to limit
Oscar Wilde in one of the popular phrases that are most used today.
14. Shut up or say something better than silence
The Greek philosopher Pythagoras , in a somewhat hard but necessary phrase.
15. The secret of creativity is to learn to hide your sources
Albert Einstein ironic about talent and plagiarism.
16. Not being dead is not equivalent to being alive
EE Cummings , poses an apparent paradox.
17. Love them all, trust some, harm none
William Shakespeare in one of his most moral-related phrases.
18. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
The mythical Jimi Hendrix popularized this phrase that seems to belong rather to a book of Asian philosophy.
19. The greatest enemy of creativity is common sense
Another of the phrases of the renowned painter Pablo Picasso , about creativity and the elements that may threaten it.
20. No artist tolerates reality
The philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche talks about the nature of art.
21. Some people feel the rain, others just get wet
One of Bob Marley's best known phrases .
22. Go to where there is silence and say something
A very original phrase, from journalist Amy Goodman .
23. A life lived with fear has only been lived halfway
A well known proverb.
24. The whole universe has rhythm, everything dances
The artist Maya Angelou talks about the musicality of the situations we experience in our day to day.
25. Life is like jazz ... better if it's improvised
A reflection of George Gershwin .
26. Life is trying things to see if they work
The writer Ray Bradbury talks about the essence of life.
27. True creativity begins where language ends
Arthur Koestler , about the limits of language.
28. You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
The philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche left some very poetic phrases. This is an example of that.
29. When one educates, two learn
One of the most used quotes when talking about education, whose authorship is Robert Heinlein .
30. Creativity is contagious, pass it on.
Albert Einstein, besides being a physicist who changed the course of history, left a lot of creative and inspiring phrases like this one.
31. Time is a good healer but a bad esthetician
A reflection with a humorous touch, by Lucille S. Harper .
32. Art is not a thing, it is a path
Elbert Hubbart reflects on art.
33. To live a creative life we must overcome the fear of making mistakes
Joseph Chilton Pearce, about the factors that limit our creative potential.
34. Without freedom there is no creation
The famous Hindu thinker Jiddu Krishnamurti talks about the nature of freedom.
35. To be brave is to be free
Seneca, in one of his most motivating reflections.
36. Sometimes silence is the worst lie
Miguel de Unamuno talks about the serious implications that silence has in some contexts.
37. Beauty, like pain, causes suffering
Thomas Mann, on the double edge of beauty.
38. Flatterers resemble friends like wolves to dogs
A very inspired comparison, idea by George Chapman .
39. How banal it is to sit down to write when we have not stood up to live
The thinker Henry David Thoreau records his vitalism in this sentence.
40. Where words fail music speaks
Hans Christian Andersen, about music and its power.
41. You cannot shake hands with clenched fists
Indira Gandhi, one of the great defenders of pacifism, talks about the need for dialogue.
45. If you have never failed, you have never lived
A very powerful anonymous phrase.
46. We know what we are, but not what we can be
William Shakespeare , in one of his ingenious phrases about the potential of the human being.
47. Life expands and contracts in proportion to one's bravery
Anaïs Nin uses a very powerful image to talk about what life is and its relationship with courage.
48. A lie told often becomes true
Lenin, about the possibility of making lies an unquestionable idea.
49. It's not your job that you like, it's mine
A phrase by Byron Katie .
50. If you can dream it, you can do it
Walt Disney, about the possibilities offered by the simple fact of imagining situations.
51. The satisfied do not love, they fall asleep in the custom
Another of Miguel de Unamuno's phrases , in this case about love and relationships.
52. Music is the poetry of the air
Jean Paul Richter in a very poetic phrase about music.
53. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
Jean Jacques Rousseau refers to the world of flavors to explain in one short sentence one of the facets of patience.
54. Doubt is one of the names of intelligence
The writer Jorge Luis Borges talks about intelligence as something that amounts to the management of constant doubts.
55. The best way to fulfill your dreams is to wake up
Paul Valéry reflects on the conditions that must be met to achieve the goals.
56. If you are not making mistakes, you are not making decisions
Catherine Cook, on the courage to assume the possibility of erring.
57. It is necessary to harden without ever losing tenderness
The revolutionary Ernesto Che Guevara talks about an apparent contrast.
58. There is someone so intelligent that he learns from the experience of others
Voltaire, in one of his creative and ingenious phrases about intelligence.
59. Violence is the fear of the ideals of others
Mahatma Gandhi, about the violence and what is behind it.
60. A good traveler has no plans
The philosopher Lao Tzu, about one of the qualities of the traveler.
61. We are so limited that we always believe we are right
Goethe, about the illusions that lead us to believe that we can grasp the absolute truth.
62. If you want to learn, teach
The speaker Cicero, in a maxim that has survived more than two thousand years.
63. The adventure can be crazy, but the adventurer must be sane
Gilbert Keith Chesterton, about one of the necessary requirements to embark on the adventure.
64. A good life is inspired by love and guided by the intellect
The philosopher Bertrand Russell, about what he understood as a good life.
65. Silence is the only friend who does not betray
Confucius expresses here to what extent he valued respect and prudence based on loyalty to traditions.
66. Television is a double-edged sword with which even the viewer can commit suicide
Virginia Vilanova, about the risks of television and the information it transmits.
67. The world is nothing but a canvas for your imagination
An imaginative phrase by the brilliant writer Henry David Thoreau.
68. Virtue can only flourish among equals
Mary Wollstonecraft, in a reflection on equality.
69. Every moment is gold for those who know how to see it as such
Henry Miller, about the importance of valuing the good moments that life gives us.
70. Intelligence, without ambition, is a bird without wings
Salvador Dalí, the famous Catalan painter, in a phrase that overflows creativity.
71. Good artists know what to leave out
Charles de Lint, on the need to select only the good and necessary.
72. Life is a long lesson in humility
James M. Barrie, in a reflection aloud.
73. We admire things for reasons but we love them without reasons
Gilbert Keith Chesterton, in a phrase that will leave you thinking. Certainly, love is not usually generated from rational channels.
74. The urgent often goes against the necessary
Mao Tse Tung, the mythical Chinese communist leader, in a phrase that can be interpreted in many ways.
75. In art, the obvious is a sin
Edward Dmytryk reveals his vision of artistic creation.
76. It is useless to return to what has already been and has ceased to be
The pianist Frédéric Chopin on the ephemeral of human existence.
77. We live in a rainbow of chaos
Paul Cezanne, the magnificent painter, in a sublime metaphor.
78. A hungry dog only has faith in the flesh
Anton Chekhov left us with many creative thoughts, such as this one. How do you interpret it?
79. Man hates those who make him suffer his own inferiority
A phrase that can awaken our creative facet, Count of Chesterfield .
80. The less routine, the more life
Amos Bronson Alcott, a plea to get out of our comfort zone.
81. Take some time to choose a friend, but it takes even longer to change it
Benjamin Franklin, about friendship and change processes.
82. The supreme art of the teacher is to awaken joy from creative expression
One of Albert Einstein's phrases about creativity.
83. The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe in
This reflection by Gustave Flaubert emphasizes the process of self-knowledge that occurs when writing an original work.
84. Creativity is allowing yourself the luxury of being wrong
Scott Adams offers us one of the creative phrases that value the freedom we have when it comes to producing new things.
85. Having a vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others
Jonathan Swift talks about the power that gives us see beyond the apparent to the point of detecting potential.
86. Our actions flow from three essential sources: desire, emotion and knowledge
A theoretical proposal of Plato aimed at explaining human behavior.
87. Personality is everything in art and poetry
A reflection of Goethe about the passions and motivations that guide the creation of art.
88. Hate is blind, just like love
Great passions are able to cloud our rationality. A phrase by Oscar Wilde.
89. I have discovered that if you love life, she will correspond to you
This inspiring reflection is from Arthur Rubinstein.
90. Art is the only way to run without leaving home
This reflection on the use of art as escapism is from Twyla Tharp.
91. Stay true to the dreams of your youth
A recommendation from Friedrich Schiller.
Tags inspiring creativity quotes, quotes on creativity and art, funny creative quotes, creative quotes for instagram, short quotes about creativity, quotes on creativity and imagination, hard work and creativity quotes, famous creative quotes, funny creative quotes, inspiring creativity quotes, quotes on creativity and imagination, creative quotes for instagram, quotes on creativity and art, hard work and creativity quotes, creative quotes for instagram, creative quotes short, creative quotes on art, creative quotes for instagram bio, creative quotes design, creative quotes in hindi, creative quotes for graduation, creative quotes funny, creative quotes about love, being creative quotes, funny creative quotes, famous creative quotes, child creative quotes, artist creative quotes, thinking creative quotes, creative mind quotes, creative writing quotes, creative thinking quotes, creative advertising quotes, creative senior quotes, creative art quotes, creative photography quotes, creative design quotes, creative play quotes, creative person quotes